Saturday, September 12, 2015

Hello there!

About seven years ago I meddled in the world of blogging. I eventually took it down as I didn't have the time I wanted to keep it updated. I continued to lurk sporadically through various blogs ranging in subjects from theology to food to you name it. I have been blessed and challenged by other ordinary folks who take their time to type their thoughts out for all to see.

I am still a busy person. I am a husband and father of two girls in their teenage years. I also work a job that requires me to work two weeks on days and two weeks on nights. I also enjoy grilling, exercising, practicing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and studying Christian theology.

Why orthodox gravy? Well, I'll be the first to tell you it wasn't my first idea. However, the name sort of stuck and wouldn't go away. I went with it. Orthodox is something I actually try to live my life in accordance with. When I mean orthodox, I am referring to general Christian orthodoxy or as C.S. Lewis coined "Mere Christianity".

Gravy? Well I am from the heart of the south, the great state of Alabama. No one makes gravy better than we do. Not only is there brown and white gravy, there is such a thing as chocolate gravy! Gravy describes the south perfectly.

Anyways, I plan on blogging about all sorts of stuff  on theology, parenting, sports, grilling, etc...

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment